Saturday, July 09, 2005

Been a Bit

I'm afraid it's been a while since I updated this thing. To my devoted public, I apologise and I hope you will get over it someday. I've been a bit busy though really.
Somehow I managed to, more or less accidentally, find myself a boyfriend of sorts. He's not my typical type (gorgeous but arrogant and very cynical, whereas he is nice and sweet and not fantastically good looking. He's not ugly by any means, but.... he's got a great personallity) and I'm not entirely sure how crazy I am about him. I do like him quite a lot, don't get me wrong, it's just very different for me. He may be too nice, but that may not be that terrible. Anyway, the course of action I am currently taking is to just sort of play it by ear until I figure out what's going on and what I want. Also, I'm totally unused to the not-single mentality. Oh well.
In other news, I've had a musical last couple of days. Thursday I went to the first in the Gallivan Center's Twilight Concert Series. Free music good. Playing was a band called Cracker. They started out not too bad but got progressively more honky-tonk as they kept playing. Last night I went to club Ego's (dive) and saw my cynical-ex-boyfriend, Todd, play with his band. Todd is a fantastic drummer. The band could be better. It's the last opportunity I'll have to see him play as he's moving to NM in a month or so. It's also the first opportunity I've had to see him play as he's played 21-and-older venues and, as any regular readers I might have know, I have not been 21 very long. Tonight I'm likely going to Salt Lake City Jazz Festival ditto for tomorrow night. Tomorrow Big Bad Voodoo Daddy is playing - I'm quite a fan.
Anywho, that's good enough of an update for now. Ciao!

No comments:

My Amazon.com Wish List

2007 Banned Books Week: Ahoy! Treasure Your Freedom to Read and Get Hooked on a Banned Book