Monday, November 03, 2008

NaBloPoMo

Say the title out loud. It's fun.

I just discovered that November is National Blog Posting Month (that's where the nablopomo comes from... seriously, say it out loud! nablopomo). All blogger people are supposed to post a blog everyday. And this is supposed to promote... um... blogging?

I will tell you right now that I am not going to post every day. Sorry to disappoint everyone, but it's just not going to happen. For one thing, I already missed the first day in November. For another, I know for certain that I will not be able to post at all during Thanksgiving weekend because Dad and I are doing our annual T-weekend camping trip.

Still, it's an interesting challenge. Maybe I'll try to blog every day and just let the camping trip be the exception. Writing every day is good, right. But do you guys really want to read me going on about nothing Every Single Day? If you do, posting every day in November will spoil you and then I'll have to keep doing it every day in December and January and on and on forever and then there will be just way to much of my pointless rambling out on the interwebs and there's enough pointless rambling already on the interwebs without me contributing to it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is this: I'm going to just keep on blogging like I always blog. But if you want to read something silly every day, I recommend going over to Bag's blog. He is posting everyday. In fact, he is posting a MUSTACHE every day. Come on, awesomeness ensues.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've missed three days. Though as you said it is an interesting challenge.
A person could paticipate with a post-a-day without officially joining that group (prizes shmizes).
I think you could come up with good stuff every day for a month. I could make a joke about memeing (sp?) during the camping trip but I won't. So skip that weekend and otherwise give it a shot. It'll be fun.

- Rusty

Cassie the Great said...

I'm so not joining the group. But I think I will make some effort to blog every day. We'll see how it goes. But noone is allowed to get their panties in a twist if I miss a day.

Anonymous said...

Ok, no twisty panties. Got it.
Did I say meme, I meant twitter. Twitting during camping. ha ha

-Rusty

Cassie the Great said...

Twitter certainly makes more sense. But chances are I'll be somewhere without cell-phone service anyway. Still, totally not going to do it.

My Amazon.com Wish List

2007 Banned Books Week: Ahoy! Treasure Your Freedom to Read and Get Hooked on a Banned Book