Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Celebrate Good Times

A new year has begun. And yes, I realize I'm a little behind. It's technically the third of January right now, but I haven't gone to bed yet so it's still the second.

To ring in the new year I threw a masquerade party with my friend Arrakis at my boyfriend's house. I was a little disappointed with how it turned out, but everyone there had fun so I guess it was a smashing success.

The problem I had with it was maybe a little petty. The plan was for it to be a smaller party with only people we liked there. Boyfriend's sister was allowed to have a few of her friends because, well, she lives there too. The problem was that her friends kind of took over the whole thing. And her close friends are lovely (if a little dumb when intoxicated) but in large quantities her friends and her friends' friends are obnoxious ass holes.

I guess I should have not been so anal about how things went. Overall, it was a good party and everyone had a lot of fun. The year started out well and I was with people I really am quite fond of. Best of all, I was with Boyfriend.... one of these days I might name him in this little bloggy thing.

January first was spent sleeping in, finding an open restaurant (for lunch with friends) and cleaning.

Happy 2007 everyone!

This year I think I'm going to grow up. Today I sold my soul to American Express so I can start paying off my credit cards. That may seem a little counter intuitive at first but you must understand that I actually transferred all my balances and got a card with 0% APR for the next year. In theory, that's plenty of time to pay everything off. Next on my list is to find a full time job so I am making enough money to buy my soul back.

But for now, I'm going to sleep. It's early but I'm tired. The last several weeks have been way to crazy. I'm looking forward to relaxing a little.

No comments:

My Amazon.com Wish List

2007 Banned Books Week: Ahoy! Treasure Your Freedom to Read and Get Hooked on a Banned Book