Monday, April 21, 2008

Quick Update

Because blogging is more fun than studying...

It's the end of the semester, and that means finals. The weekend and a good portion of today found me with my nose in a book (not always the same book) and have some more to do before I will feel really confident about the test I have tomorrow. But my brain needs a break right now.

I think I'm about due to give a State of the Universe (... that is, me) Address.

Thanks to a massive tax return and a decent cushion in my savings account, I managed to get by for an awfully long time after quitting Job-O'-Death. That money is now almost gone though, so it's a good thing that I have a new job. The job is for the county library... all of them. It's like temping, but just at libraries. Or, it's like being a substitute teacher, except I don't teach, I just work at libraries. When I've told people, they seem to feel sorry for me, like working at a library is something that no one would ever want to do. I don't care what people say though, I dig it. As you all know, I'm a book sort of gal. I love the library. So the way I see it, this job is just about as perfect for me as it gets.

Unfortunately, the training for this job goes on forever so I'm not going to get any kind of decent hours for another couple weeks. That means I wont get any kind of decent paycheck for a while. Oh well, somehow I'll manage to get by.

On the school front, classes are almost over, as I mentioned at the beginning of this post. I would be a lot more excited about that if I weren't taking classes through the summer too. But I will have a few weeks off, which will be very nice. Now that I mention it, I think I can register for Fall classes now... I should probably get on that.

On the romantic front.... Oh man, you don't want to know. Anyway, blogging about that kind of thing is dangerous. My love life is certainly not boring at the moment, and I'm enjoying myself. I guess that's all you really need to know.

I'm excited about the summer. I'm totally ready to go swimming, and eat peaches, and go biking, and dance outside, and go to the farmer's market, and go hiking, and drink iced tea. I'm hoping to get in a camping trip or two before it gets too hot. Speaking of hot, my apartment (which I still absolutely adore) does not have air conditioning. I'm not looking forward to inescapable hotness of the summer. But I guess it's a reasonable trade off for everything else that I am going to thoroughly enjoy.

I suppose I've wasted enough time by now. I must get back to academia. Wish me luck on finals!

No comments:

My Amazon.com Wish List

2007 Banned Books Week: Ahoy! Treasure Your Freedom to Read and Get Hooked on a Banned Book