Monday, April 30, 2007

Sgt Nicholas Angel is my Hero

I had a pretty fabulous weekend. Nothing extremely exceptional happened, but I had nothing but fun.

On Friday I went to see
Hot Fuzz, a bloody brilliant little bit of comedy from the makers of Shaun of the Dead. I have to say I like the zombie flick a little better, but I also like zombie flicks better than cop movies so .... Anyway, I recomend checking out Hot Fuzz if you're looking for a good laugh. I had a final earlier on Friday so laughing was quite a nice follow up.

Saturday afternoon I saw Les Miserables with my grandma and mother. It was quite well done and, though really long and operatic, very good. I hadn't seen it before so it was a worthwile passing of the afternoon. Saturday night I went to a party and met some interesting people including a kid I actually met once way back in high school (freshman year to be precise). He was a friend of my boyfriend at the time. I'm not sure why I remembered that I had met him briefly before. Anyway, we talked about art and I'm now inspired to spend a small chunk of time wandering around the UMFA (art museum) this afternoon.

Sunday was my favorite day of the weekend. I got up early, at 7, (which was not so great, but not really that bad) and went for a 27 mile bike ride. I'm pretty damn proud of myself for that considering how I'm in terrible shape and haven't ridden my bike any major distance in years. It was a wonderful ride too - the weather was perfect and everything looked pretty and springish. That afternoon I bought some stuff for my bike at REI (I discovered after 30 miles that my saddle was not really as comfortable as I might like) and piddled around outside for a bit. I went to bed last night feeling quite tired, but in a really good way.

No comments:

My Amazon.com Wish List

2007 Banned Books Week: Ahoy! Treasure Your Freedom to Read and Get Hooked on a Banned Book