Saturday, January 29, 2005

DON'T PANIC

Can I just say how excited I am for the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy movie coming out in May. I'm a big fan of the books and from what I've read about it, the movie is going to be grand. Douglas Adams himself did most of the screenplay. It's not going to follow the plot of the books exactly, but that's to be expected to a point. I mean, the tv show didn't follow the books which didn't follow the radio show which was how it all started. And Alan Rickman (think professor Snape/Dr Lazaurus) could not be more perfect for the voice of Marvin. The only thing I don't like of the pre-release crap I've seen is Marvin himself. He's played by Willow in a costume (fine) but he's ROUND!! Marvin is supposed to be rather square and boxy. He ought to have a bucket head so that Zaphod and Ford etc can call him "bucket head." Besides, circles are funny and Marvin is not funny (ok, he's hillarious), he's depressed and cynical and crabby.

No comments:

My Amazon.com Wish List

2007 Banned Books Week: Ahoy! Treasure Your Freedom to Read and Get Hooked on a Banned Book