Sunday, March 20, 2005

Spring Time

For those who don't know, today is the first day of spring. Weatherly speaking it doesn't really mean anything. Astronomicaly, however it's important (or something like it). The Vernal Equinox is what happens today. This means that the Earth with it's tilted little axis not pointing away from the sun nor toward it. This makes it so we have almost the same amount of daylight as nightdark (yes, I did make that word up, but it's a good word). Personally though I'm not that whoop-dee-doo for equinoxes. I much prefer solstices. I mean, the Winter Solstice is neat cuz it means that the days are going to start getting longer. Plus there's all the pagan stuff about re-groth and new beginings when the sun stops sinking. And the Summer Solstice is the longest day of the year, who wouldn't like that?

No comments:

My Amazon.com Wish List

2007 Banned Books Week: Ahoy! Treasure Your Freedom to Read and Get Hooked on a Banned Book