Monday, July 16, 2007

Ah Sweet Redemption

Some of you may recall, (and for those who don't, here is a link (just read the penultimate paragraph as it is the only one that is relevant)) back in January, I sold my soul to American Express. I am happy to report that today, just a few moments ago in fact, that soul has been emancipated! That's right, I just paid off the last of my credit card debt! YAY!

I am now one step closer to getting the hell out of my parents house. It's really about time, don't you think? I do.

Since we're on the topic of goals I had/have for this year (also mentioned at above link), I've done quite a lot along the lines of growing up. I'm not totally sure I like it. Because I have to wake up so darn early every day for my "real job," I've become kind of a party pooper on the weekends. Most Friday nights I can barely keep my eyes open after 11 pm. That's really early for fun lovin' twenty-somethings.

Most of my friends hang out late at night during the week too. I simply can't because I have to get up early and I'm cranky if I don't get at least 6 hours of sleep.

Oh, and because I'm training to do the ULCER, I've been getting up ungodly early on Sunday mornings to ride my bike. This ruins my Saturday nights. No hardcore partying for me because riding 50 miles hungover after only getting 3 hours of sleep is not a happy thing.

I'm not totally sure I hate this grown-up stuff though. It's nice to actually be doing something with my life (even if it's not really much). I've kind of been passively floating along for a while, so it's refreshing to assert myself a little.

Now I have to actually get back to doing work.

No comments:

My Amazon.com Wish List

2007 Banned Books Week: Ahoy! Treasure Your Freedom to Read and Get Hooked on a Banned Book