Saturday, April 02, 2005

DED

The Pope died. What was he, 100? It was going to happen pretty darn soon anyway, wasn't it. For some reason, this has spurned quite a bit of conversation amongst my friends, none of whom are Catholic and all of whom are sarcastic. One reffered to his death (along with the Florida lady) as a big plublicity stunt. A few contemplated a fashion trend of pope hats and robes. The theory was that he would lose significance but then I pointed out the whole spiritual devine appointment sort of thing (how do you get to be pope anyway?). Some of the more political ones cynically wondered who G.W. would appoint as the new pope. Personally, I don't care all that much. He was old, we all shuffle off this mortal coil at some point. So move on. The pope is dead, long live the pope. (Ok, that's just for kings isn't it? Oh well, it doesn't make any sense anyway. How can anyone (pope or king) live long if he's dead?)

P.S. Sorry if I offended anyone. Take solice in the thought that I am going to burn anyway so I might as well blaspheme a bit on my way.

No comments:

My Amazon.com Wish List

2007 Banned Books Week: Ahoy! Treasure Your Freedom to Read and Get Hooked on a Banned Book