Friday, October 12, 2007

Pause!

I am in desperate need of some sentience.

I feel like I've been rushing around lately. There's been so much to do and I've been trying to do it all. I've managed pretty well, I guess. I admit that there are a few things I haven't gotten to and a few friends I haven't seen enough of. I feel almost like I have to schedule simple get togethers weeks in advance because I'm just so busy.

It doesn't help that my job is so exhaustingy boring. Most evenings I leave the office completely drained and all I want to do is stretch out on the living room rug and stare at the ceiling. Plus I'm so isolated at work, it's hard to suddenly switch over to social mode. Maybe I should start talking to myself, just so I don't completely lose the art of conversation. What I really need is a new job- one where I can actually get to know interesting people. And I am looking. I've even applied a couple places. But I digress.

Lately I've been caught up in the rush and I just need a break. So I'm going to be completely anti-social this weekend. I just want to stay still and not go anywhere. I'm going to lounge around the house and read, maybe write a little, just stay still.

Besides, I have have some homework to catch up on and I think I may be coming down with a bit of a cold. A little stillness will be good for me. Next weekend I'll get back to having a life, but this weekend I'm introverting.

No comments:

My Amazon.com Wish List

2007 Banned Books Week: Ahoy! Treasure Your Freedom to Read and Get Hooked on a Banned Book