Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Anything on Two Wheels

I'm really excited about biking this summer, now that the season is finally here and I'm getting into groove of biking regularly. I've been kicking butt at it too... for the most part. I've always had a problem "tackling" hills, but so far they haven't been much of a problem for me.

Today though, I had a really off day. I think it might have something to do with the fact that I started my ride with 3 miles of pretty steep uphill. That wiped me out for the rest of the ride, I think. But any excuses aside, I wasn't feeling as good as I have on the other rides I've been on. Some days you got it, some days you don't.

I even fetched my fixed-gear from my parents house this week. I haven't really managed to get super into "riding fixed" which is a whole different ball game. But I plan on riding that for shorter jaunts. It's gonna be my commuter bike!

I don't really have a good place to store two bikes though. Roommate has her bike here too. So I have three bikes in my living room, just kind of sitting there, as much out of the way as they can get. It's kind of absurd.


P.S. Speaking of bikes.... go donate for the MS 150. Sidebar. You know you want to!

3 comments:

veganaron said...

Fixed gear riding is great, you'll really like it once you get used to it. You'll also find it makes your freewheeled riding stronger because your body is more used to always pedaling.

Enjoy. :)

Cassie the Great said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah, you've told me all that before. And I've mostly got it down, stopping is still a little weird and I occasionally forget that I can't coast and have a nano-second freak out. I was going to ride frankenbike today, but it rained. Sad.

veganaron said...

Oh well... It was sunny and warm yesterday. Now it's kinda cool and rainy a little... Fucking weather...

My Amazon.com Wish List

2007 Banned Books Week: Ahoy! Treasure Your Freedom to Read and Get Hooked on a Banned Book