Saturday, May 17, 2008

Have You Missed Me?

I've been spending all my free time outside the last few days. The weather here has been completely perfect and so, of course, I had to take advantage. Not that I've really had a lot of free time. The breif respite between spring and summer classes is over so I'm back in teh skules and I'm working as much as I can.

The job is going really well, actually. I'm not quite up to as many hours as I would ultimately like, but I'm pretty close. I really like what I'm doing. As I've mentioned before, I'm kind of floating from library branch to library branch as needed. I have a few branches already that are my favourites, and at some point I would like to get a permanent gig at one of those. The nice thing about that is, even if I'm only working 20hrs a week there, I would get benefits. Benefits are good.

Class also started up again this week. I'm taking two Lit History classes this summer, one at a time. They each go about a month and a half. So there's a lot to cover and not much time in which to cover it. So far I'm pretty impressed with the Prof of class #1. He's really easy to listen to and keeps my attention. That's important because the class is 3 hours long.

Like I said in the beginning, I've been spending all my time outside. Despite that, I haven't really found a lot of time to go biking. I've gone on two really short rides this week - both on my fixed-gear. Yesterday I rode Frankenbike about 6 miles and walked probably 3 or 4 miles. Plus I went dancing last night. By the time I went to bed, I thought my legs were going to fall off, and this morning I woke up to a painful cramp in my calf. It was a good day.

I'm sure you're all very concerned with my exercise routine... I only mention it because it's really nice that I've actually been outside DOING something. I feel like I'm accomplishing something, I guess. Or maybe I'm just writing about it so you who check this blog often will understand why it hasn't been updated in a while.

No comments:

My Amazon.com Wish List

2007 Banned Books Week: Ahoy! Treasure Your Freedom to Read and Get Hooked on a Banned Book