Monday, February 04, 2008

Bullets and Butterfly Wings

Occasionally I remember that the title of my blog says something about random thoughts. On those occasions, I like to be true to the title and share some of the chaotic spewage of my brain. Not that most of my thoughts that I share anyway are particularly non-random. Today, I'm going to share these random thoughts in a super special way: With a bulleted list! (Yay!)

  • This morning I was hit by a sudden bout of disbelief that it is already February

  • You may have noticed that the superbowl was last night. I kind of wanted the Patriots to win, but I was honestly not at all invested in the outcome of the game.

  • The Utah Museum of Fine Arts had an exhibit of Andy Warhol screenprints that I really wanted to see. Too bad it ended last month. There is an abstract art exhibit now, but it's not the same. :(

  • I did my taxes yesterday. woooo

  • This week I'm going to start an IRA. Wow, I'm suddenly doing something responsible with my money. Even more impressive, I suddenly have money to do something impressive with (that's actually kind of debatable).

  • Saturday night I completely forgot the word "philosophical." I started to say it and suddenly couldn't. It's one of those terms that I take for granted as always being there, ready to be used at any given time, so much so that I was utterly shocked when it became apparent that it had taken a vacation from my vocabulary. The shock did nothing to help me remember the adjective version of philosophy and I sat there bumbling until my friend told me what the word was.

  • My "bucket list" for the day: buy milk, throw away the grossness in the fridge, clean the bathroom, make spaghetti sauce.

  • Substituting "bucket" for "to do" is my new hobby.

No comments:

My Amazon.com Wish List

2007 Banned Books Week: Ahoy! Treasure Your Freedom to Read and Get Hooked on a Banned Book