Monday, February 18, 2008

Unfortunate Events

I almost spent Sunday afternoon at the emergency room. My nose was bleeding for at least 45 minutes and wouldn't stop. I was actually about half way to the hospital when it stopped.

A nosebleed like that is never a wonderful thing. But, of course, there is a whole other level of scary for me. After all, killer bleeds were the most obvious symptom I had when I was diagnosed with Wegener's. So that's something I have to consider now. I talked to my doctor when I was on my way to the ER and he's not that worried. But I still have to go in for the barrage of tests.

I'm sure there's nothing to worry about. I haven't had any other symptoms... I think. I have to be optimistic about it until I know for sure. If I really freak out about it, I'm bound to drive myself nuts. I could easily go into hypochondriac mode and... well, it's not a fun place to be.

Anyway, cross your fingers for me for a little while. Hopefully nothing will come of this.

No comments:

My Amazon.com Wish List

2007 Banned Books Week: Ahoy! Treasure Your Freedom to Read and Get Hooked on a Banned Book