Thursday, February 14, 2008

I Less Than Three You!!!

It's February 14th again! Time for the stupidest holiday ever invented. And don't you people go off and say that I'm just bitter because I'm single and no girl really hates valtentines and all it intales, as long as she has a special someone to share it with. It simply isn't true. I'm glad I'm free of all expectation and bull-shit that comes with spending today with a "special someone."

I'm absolutely not bitter because I'm single. I like being single. (I can see all you v-day people rolling your eyes and saying "aww that's so cute, she's trying to be strong, but deep down, I can tell she's hurting." You should all be shot) I absolutely dread somebody making some big romantic gesture for me today. I'll accept big romantic gestures almost any other day of the year, but today it becomes less romantic and more annoying. Plus, I'd have to question their true motivation. V-day makes everyone desperate to be with someone. I roll my eyes at the whole concept. As I've said many times before, there is nothing LESS romantic than a day set aside for romance.

So happy Thursday! Here's some fun stuff from the internets to entertain you. Maybe they'll even make you glad you're single (if you are).

First, a friend of mine has written a Valentine's Survival Guide which kind of made me laugh. I am totally failing at following any of the steps though. Oh well. It may not be too late for you!

How about a little movie? It has nothing to do with the holiday, but it sure is fun. Enjoy watching it. Maybe even watch it twice to be sure you didn't miss any of the many nuances.

If you bought your sweetheart any of these, you might be a dumbass.

One of the greatest love stories of all time is The Princess Bride, right? (I nearly fell out of my chair laughing at the ROUS part. Explore that site a little, it's kinda fun)

Humorous Pictures

Ok, well enjoy your day! What? What's that? What am I doing tonight? Would I like to have a lovely and romantic candlelight dinner with you? Hell No! Erm, I mean, sorry, I already have plans!

<3

1 comment:

Krug, Sh. said...

I'm absolutely not bitter because I'm single. I like being single.

Say it loud, say it proud.

(Though I should confess: I actually like Valentine's day. I always, always drive past the candy and flower shops and gawk at the long lines. It makes me so glad to be me, not them.)

My Amazon.com Wish List

2007 Banned Books Week: Ahoy! Treasure Your Freedom to Read and Get Hooked on a Banned Book