Wednesday, March 05, 2008

What's In A Name

Interesting news on the Wegener's front. Not that any of you really follow the subject, but recently information has come out that Dr. Wegener was a Nazi. That sucks. You can read the NY times article here. Or you can just ask google about Wegener and Nazi.

Anyway, because the Nazis were mass murdering fuck heads, there's a movement to change the name of WG. I'm kind of indifferent on that front. It's still going to suck no matter what you call it. I don't feel any worse knowing that the dude it's named after was a bad guy. It's not going to make me feel any better if I have to start calling it something else. In fact, it's not going to affect me much at all.

Anyway, it looks like I may soon get to say I have "ANCA-associated granulomatous vasculitis." Because people don't scratch their heads and say "huh?" when I tell them I have Wegener's granulomatosis; a more complicated name is definitely what this disease needs. And dammit, I'll have to change the tags on all my WG related posts. Stupid Nazis.

No comments:

My Amazon.com Wish List

2007 Banned Books Week: Ahoy! Treasure Your Freedom to Read and Get Hooked on a Banned Book